Monday, January 5, 2009

Re-connecting with your past...

I LOVE Facebook!!! I have had so much fun reconnecting with dear friends from the past. It makes me wonder how we ever survived before cell phones and laptops!



Unfortunately, my attempt to connect with one particular friend ended in sadness and disappointment. I was excited to find her mom and 2 sisters on Facebook but my excitement was soon snuffed out when I learned that my dear friend Janet passed away 3 years ago. I felt like someone sucker punched me right in my stomach!! I realized at that moment how easy it is to let time get away from you. We all get so busy but is that really an excuse? How could I have let myself lose touch with someone who meant so much to me? All I can do now is to "resolve" not to let this happen again. I will cherish every moment with my friends and when I feel that time or busy schedules are causing those moments to slip away, I will remember Janet. I know I said I don't make new year's resolutions but I resolve that this year and every year I have left on this earth, I will remember what's most important -- relationships and I will put them first.



I heard it said once that the way to have true JOY in your life can be summed up in this simple formula:



J - Jesus 1st

O - Others 2nd

Y - Yourself last



Gotta run...

Lisa

2 comments:

Susan said...

Wow. This is an excellent post, my friend.

I'm sorry about Janet. It makes me think. Rather, it reminds me to spend time with those we care about and not care how busy we are or how messy our homes are -- just have them over! :)

Jodi said...

I love your blog! I found it through Susan, and I'm looking forward to reading more.