Saturday, September 13, 2008

Goodbye Yahoo 360...

Well, it finally happened -- I am officially dumping Yahoo 360 and moving on to bigger & better things. I finally got tired of typing for 30 minutes only to receive the message, "your post could not be saved!"Anyway, I've threatened to move my blog for months now. Better late than never I guess.

So, I had such a hard time coming up with a title for my blog. I do tend to stress over the smallest of things. I knew it had to have some reference to running. You know running -- that thing I'm not very good at but I love to do anyway. I tried to be clever -- Marathon Mom, Divas Do 26.2, Eat.Sleep.Run.Repeat -- I just couldn't decide. I was looking at my shirt from the Cooper Young 4 miler last nite. Yesterday, I woke up feeling very ill. I haven't been getting good sleep and then with the nausea, yesterday was just not a good day. But, never once did I consider skipping the race. Why is that? Well, yes, I love to run, I love the crowds, I love the comraderie (thanks, Susan!) but most of all, I LOVE the T-Shirts. And to be able to wear the shirt with pride, you have to run the race, right? So there you have it all summed up -- I run for T-shirts. When I learned that, in addition to the T-shirt, if you finish a Marathon or a Half, you get a medal, well, that was a no brainer for me! :) Okay, so there's a lot more to crossing the finish line than the bling but you gotta admit, it's much better to show off your medal than to show the blisters you got somewhere around mile 14 that painfully burst at mile 21...I digress...

So, in keeping with the title of my new blog, I find it only fitting that my 1st pic be of the shirt that I earned on a VERY warm & humid nite while not feeling well...





I promise I will spend the upcoming days & weeks improving my photography skills. :) But for now...

Gotta run...

~Lisa




1 comment:

Sherry said...

congratulations on your move!!! very nice...I like it....pretty t-shirt too!!!