Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Let Your Voice Be Heard

Well, the irony is certainly not lost on me. This morning, I cast my ballot -- I let my voice be heard. Funny thing is, I physically have no voice. I lost my voice Sat afternoon. It comes and goes but it is for the most part, it goes. I open my mouth to speak yet the sound that occassionally comes out is indistinguishable and downright not human. It causes Teddy to bark. Anyway, I hope my "voice" is heard loud & clear when the election results come pouring in.

If you're like me, you're ready for this election to be over. I don't care which candidate you support, you have to admit this campaign trail has been a long one. I understand the historical importance and I am proud to be a part of this in my life time. Whomever is chosen, history will be made. We will either have our 1st black president or our 1st female VP, who will pave the way for the 1st female president. Although I don't completely agree with either side and I have my "preferred" choice, I think I'll be happy either way. I hope I'm alive when America elects the 1st black female president tho!

So, this time tomorrow, we'll have a new president and hopefully, I'll have my voice back. And remember, if you don't vote, you lose your voice...

Gotta run...

~Lisa

2 comments:

Susan said...

Very, very well said!!!

pepperbird said...

you sure know how to make me cry...but mostly they were tears of happiness...everyday i am more and more proud of you!!! I love you