Saturday, October 24, 2009

4 Miler

While it's quite an accomplishment for me to blog 2 days in a row, I am most proud of this morning's 4 miler. I anticipated it wouldn't be much to write about since I ran a 5k last nite. I assumed I would be walking most of it. I didn't get to sleep until almost 1am to boot. When I arrived on the St. Jude campus, I was really not wanting to go the distance and when at 8:05am no one else had shown up, I thought I might just go back home and go to bed. Just as I was about to go to my car, Morris & Laurie showed up raring to go. Oh well, I thought, I'm just going to walk so it'll be fine.

But something happened out there that caught me completely by surprise. My body wanted to run! So, I ran. Now, I took walk breaks but I really felt like I ran more than I walked. My Garmin supports that theory. I am a slow runner but an even slower walker. I cannot seem to walk any faster than a 17:00 - 18:00 pace on my walk breaks. This is something I'd really like to work on but running always seems to be the area I prefer to work on. Now, these numbers are not speedy by any stretch of the imagination but for me at this time (I'm still in a major funk but I can see the light at the end) these numbers are quite encouraging to me. Mile 1 - 13:13; Mile 2 - 13:42; Mile 3 - 13:16; Mile 4 - 13:20. I finally feel like I'm getting somewhere.

Now to deal with the residual aches & pains but it is to be expected when you just...

Gotta run...
Lisa :)

1 comment:

Susan said...

Those are excellent miles. WOW!