Saturday, October 17, 2009

ThermoBurst + Cool Temps = AWESOME 7 Miler

Wow! What a morning! The team & I decided to change our venue and meet at Shelby Farms for our 7 miler. It was downright cold at 7:30am! There was only 3 of us who braved the temps and the distance but we were so glad we did. There's something about cooler weather that just breathes new life into my running. A good friend of mine also introduced me to an energy supplement, ThermoBurst, which really helped too! I was energized from start to finish and even ran to my car afterwards! My usual, pre-run, Grande, No Fat, No Foam Latte was never able to do this! I felt so good that at one point, when my Garmin beeped to tell me it was time for a walk break, I actually uttered an, "oh crap" out loud. Now, I have been known to utter many "oh craps" when my Garmin beeps but those are ALWAYS when it beeps to tell me to RUN not WALK! I was so surprised by this -- when I looked at my Garmin, I was doing a 9:50 pace. I don't know how long I ran at this pace (probably not very long) but I was impressed that not only was I running that fast but I didn't want to stop!

It's runs like today that remind me why I love it so much. The weather was perfect, the scenery with the changing of the leaves was gorgeous and the lungs and the legs were completely in sync -- AWESOME! There's just nothing more that I can say other than...

Gotta run!
Lisa :)

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Wish I had some of the ThermoBurst for my long run in the morning! Supposed to run 10 starting at 6! This will be the first time for me to run in such cold temps! Hope my run is as great as yours!!! Where can you find ThermoBurst?

Susan said...

This is so very encouraging! I do believe I need some ThermoBurst!