Saturday, October 4, 2008

It's A Cinch

What a GREAT day for a run! I know I have started posts out that way before, but it was so true of this day. Everyone's schedule came together and we had a nice group (Susan, Norma, Linda and me) It was a little chilly at the start but after a brief warm up & some lively conversation, it was relatively unnoticeable. Linda had to cut out at 2 miles followed by Norma at about 3 miles. Mark planned to drop Ian off at the park on his way to work so that he & I could enjoy the Arts & Crafts at 9am. I decided to catch up with Susan while waiting for Mark. When Mark arrived, Ian just continued with Susan and I. Sometime after 9am, we waved Susan on (I think she had a 10 miler planned - I have no doubts she accomplished her goal) & Ian & I browsed the booths. I looked at my Garmin & noticed my mileage, 6.5! I had set a goal of 3 miles and I had doubled it! Not to mention that I walked almost 1/2 a mile warming up. I was amazed at how easy it felt today. In the running miles, I never took more walk breaks than I should (not like me) & we were on a walk break when we came to "the hill" and decided to sprint it (also not like me) It felt so good -- today's effort, well, it was a cinch.
Then I saw it! The booth selling Beijo bags. If you know me, you know that even tho I have only 1, I LOVE Beijo bags! I instantly fell in love with the brown one.
I LOVE THIS BAG!!!!
I asked how much -- $80. Hmmm...do I really NEED this bag? I got the seller's info and decided I would think about it & give her a call later. On the back of the business card she gave me, she wrote down the name of the bag & the price that she quoted me. Guess what it's called? "It's A Cinch" Coincidence or a sign that I should purchase this bag? Only I can connect 2 totally unconnected things to rationalize purchasing something I not only don't need but shouldn't spend the money on. If you ever need help rationalizing a purchase your spouse or significant other wouldn't understand, please consult me. I'm an expert in this area. Anyway, having my penny-pinching 10 year old with me, I was able to walk away. But, that bag will end up being mine eventually. If not today, some day I'm sure. Mark was shocked to find out that when he went to the park later this afternoon and saw the Beijo bags, I had not purchased one. He described me to the seller and then inquired how many I bought. He called me & praised me for "being strong" and then vowed to stay at the park until the Beijo lady packed up & left. But, as much as he knows me, he has failed to see that I function under the premise of "where there's a will, there's a way" It was this philosophy that saw me to the finish line of 26.2 of the most gruelling and painful miles I've ever known. It is this philosophy that will get me across that finish line again in March '09. So in re: to the bag, I definitely have the will, and the way, well that'll be a cinch...
Thanks, ladies, for a great day at the park! Beijo bag lady, that means you too!
Gotta run...
~Lisa :)

1 comment:

Susan said...

You have some will, my friend! :)