Saturday, October 25, 2008

Beware of the Black Light Test

This should be a post about Race for the Cure. What an awesome experience!! While there was no way to get any running in (we were literally elbow to elbow), it was truly one of the most fun races I've ever done. It will definitely be an annual event for me. My hope is to get a team together next year and raise some money. But, unfortunately for me, the joys of the morning were spoiled by a "simple" $9.99 purchase.

Linens N Things is going out of business and liquidating their stock. This product normally sells for $19.99 and I'd heard it really works. I was eager to get it home & try it. Basically, if you're not familiar with it, you shine this black light on your carpet, walls, anywhere and it will show you urine, blood and other "things" that you can't see with the naked eye. It really highlighted the areas that needed dusting but that's another post for another day. Anyway, I thought to myself "I'm sure Teddy has peed in this house but he's 4 & 1/2 lbs - how much damage could he do?" Well, my friends, either Teddy has made my entire home his toilet or there has been a gruesome murder committed in virtually every square foot of my home! I went thru the 24 oz. bottle in no time and never left my dining room/living room. I went thru every room of my house with that light and let me tell you, more than a few tears fell. Teddy followed me everywhere & had this look on his face like he knew what was going on. What am I going to do with him?

Some good did come out of this tho. We shined the light in Ian's bathroom. He looked at me, left the room and came back with the Chlorox wipes. He & I cleaned his bathroom until nothing showed when we shined the light. I think it was an eye opening experience for him. As Ian and I worked on our Bible lessons for tomorrow, Teddy begged to be held. He kept licking my face and putting his head on my shoulder. Perhaps this was his way of saying sorry -- perhaps this was an eye opening experience for him too (yeah, I know, but it is a nice thought)

While I'm not being paid to peddle this product, I will have to admit, this is impressive stuff. Some of the stains I have sprayed are gone, some have faded and I'm hoping by tomorrow, will also be gone. There is a caveat -- if you're not prepared for the worst, just say no to this purchase. If you're not prepared, it could potentially ruin an absolutely awesome day. This product should definitely come with a warning label. Caution: Black light test could cause uncontrollable weeping. Not safe to use around emotionally unstable women with PMS or who are perimenopausal. Can cause death or bodily harm to men, children, Yorkies or any species that contains high levels of testosterone as their very presence adversely reacts to the emotionally unstable user of this product.

Well, enough of that, for now...Gotta run...to bed...

~Lisa




2 comments:

Lynn said...

Hey Lisa!
Your post had me rolling! It really sounds cool- I might try it with my kids! Hope all is well with you and your family!

Susan said...

LNT out of business? All of them? Where is one? I must go!!!