Thursday, October 2, 2008

Long overdue for a GREAT day...

It's late but I just could not go to bed without posting a few words about my day. For those of you who don't know, I was supposed to run in Harbor Town Tuesday after work with Brooke & Norma. I was sidelined by a migraine and had to skip. Wednesday, we kicked off Walktober at work and still I had a lingering headache. I tried to be a trooper and get my steps in (my goal is 10,000/day) but I only got 6,600. This morning I woke up & noticed right away that my headache was gone. I'm definitely off to a good start. I had a wonderful lunch with my manager from Hallmark, Janis, who by the way, is doing some temporary work at St Jude. It is so great to be able to work with her still even tho I don't get to see her as much as I would like. At noon, I walked the St Jude campus with a rather large group of ladies who are also participating in Walktober. I made a new friend & also got to chat w/the Director of Comp/Benefits. It's so nice to be able to get to know people and get in shape at the same time. I met Brooke after work for a run on the river. This is a recycled picture from a previous post but the view from the park hasn't changed -- ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!! How could you not be inspired by this view!


Anyway, my plan was to do something, be it run, walk, or crawl, for 45 minutes. A huge thanks goes out to Brooke. If she hadn't met me, I would probably have skipped it. It's just no fun by yourself. It was so great to be able to catch up. I really miss seeing her every day -- I am so glad I work downtown so we can get together even if it's just a couple of days/week.

I'm beginning to feel like I'm getting back into the swing of things. Susan is on the mend & on cloud nine -- she's ready to hit the road again (on the mend) & found out that she's having a boy (on cloud nine) I cannot begin to tell her what joy awaits her. My sister always told me that there is a special bond between mother & son. Now I know exactly what she was talking about. I knew I would love my child but to be able to say that my 10 year old boy is one of my best friends, well, I certainly never expected that. I can't remember what celebrity said that, "having a child is like having your heart walk around outside your body." Ian is truly my heart. Isaac will be that for you too, Susan, as I'm sure he already is. When you find out the gender and give them their name, well, that's when it really became real for me.

You may be thinking, ok, you had a great day but not that much happened really. I'm learning to be thankful in small things, small successes that put me in a postive frame of mind. Today just felt really great -- oh, and I almost forgot, I put 16,215 steps on my pedometer today. The thing is virtually S-M-OKING!!!!

Gotta run...
~Lisa

No comments: