Wednesday, October 1, 2008

October 1st -- My New Beginning


Ok. I've got to get serious here. 5 weeks into training and I have relatively speaking, no miles. No substantial miles that is. Today, the wellness program at St Jude kicked off Walktober. Basically, you register, pick up a pedometer, wear it all the time, log your steps, earn leaves, win prizes, get in shape...This is just what I need to kick start my training. Today my steps were not too good -- only 6000-ish. Best I can tell that should translate to about 2-3 miles. My goal is to get in 10,000 per day. That's going to be tough but hopefully on the days I run, maybe it won't be too tough.
All this week I've battled headache after headache with Tuesday's turning into a full fledged migraine. That caused me to bail on the run on the river with Brooke & Norma but I'm hoping that tomorrow I can try again. I truly believe that if I can get back into running on a regular basis, the headaches will stop or at least get less severe and I know my stress level will go down significantly. These days it seems it's always something.
The great thing about life is that if you don't like where you are today, if God grants you another day, you get a do over, you can start fresh. And that's exactly what I intend to do. And it's what I'm going to keep doing until I get this right!
Gotta run...
Lisa


No comments: